How to: Installing the Updox Printer
1. Click the link below to download the zip file.
Windows Print to Inbox file: Click here
2. After downloading the installation file, right-click the file and select Open.
3. Unzip the file to access each installer. This is done by checking the box next to the zipped files and selecting Extract all. Then select your Downloads folder for the destination and click Extract to save both files.
4. After selecting Extract All from Step 3, one final window will appear.
a. Make sure the Show extracted files when complete box is checked.
b. Click Extract.
5. You will now have two folders open:
a. Close the one that says Extract at the top. This was the first folder we used, and we no longer need it.
b. The folder without Extract present will be the folder you need to finalize installing the Updox Printer.
6. Next, we need to Install the Printer Driver. Right-click on the Updox.Printer.Desktop...file and select Open.
Depending on how your Administrative settings have been set on your device, you may be prompted to enter a password.
a. If no password is required, click Yes to finish installing the printer driver.
b. If you need a password:
i. Enter the correct password to finish installing the driver.
ii. If the password is unknown, you will need to reach out to your IT department for further assistance.*
*Updox cannot assist further unless your IT person or device administrator is present.*
During the installation of both of these files, a security alert may pop up. If so, click “More Info”, then click “Run Anyway”.
7. Once the installation window closes, the Updox Printer Driver will be successfully installed.
8. Return to the folder and double-click on the bottom item to install the application.
a. If prompted with an admin screen, you will need to repeat the process from Step 6.
9. The window below will open when the printer application has been successfully installed.
These error messages will always appear upon installation. It is perfectly ok.
- Oh snap! No Credentials Specified. Click here to specify credentials now.
- This message lets you know that the application hasn't been connected to your Updox account yet.
- We'll explain how to connect your printer with your Updox account in the next step.
- Oh snap! No pdf specified. Click here to select pdf now.
- This message will appear when the application is opened on its own.
Click Settings to continue.
10. Under the Settings menu, there are a few more tasks for you to complete setup.
You will need ONE of the following:
- Your practice's integration key (Found in your Updox Inbox under Admin > Practice Info)
- Your Updox username and password
If you enter both the integration key and your username and password, it will not work.
- Click Test Connection.
- A message will appear at the top of the window.
- Connection test results will appear.
- If you see ERROR 401, you have not entered something correctly (e.g username, password, something was mistyped from step 1)
- If successful, you will see a Well Done! message at the top of the window.
- After the Well Done! banner appears, click Save, and close the window.
11. When you print, select Updox Printer to print to your Inbox.