A quick guide to get your practice using Reminders!
Step 1: Log Into Updox
Enter your username and password to log in to your Updox account.
Step 2: Reminder Configuration
To set-up your reminders, choose Menu — Admin — Reminders. You’ll be able to configure the following:
- Delivery method
- Response types
- Custom scripts
Step 3: Delivery Method
You can choose up to three automated reminders per appointment. Each reminder can have the same or different delivery method and customizable timeframe to be sent prior to the scheduled appointment time.
Step 4: Timing
There are two options for blackout time windows.
- Blackout weekends: Checkbox: If selected, reminders will not go out on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Nightly blackout start time / Morning blackout end time: Timeframe. These settings will ensure that no reminders are sent during the selected timeframe
Step 5: General Configuration
Step 6: Reminder Scripts
There are default scripts automatically assigned set-up Menu — Admin — Reminders, then Scripts.
- The default script per method will be indicated with the method icon.
- To review and test the script, double click into the title of the script.
- To customize the script, choose Make a Copy, then edit as needed
Once you have finished your configuration, you are able to activate your reminders by checking the box next to 1st, 2nd and 3rd reminder (depending on how many reminders you chose to send). Once checked, click Save.
- To view patient responses, or those who have yet to respond to a reminder, click Menu — Home — Reminder dashboard.
- This will show which customers have yet to confirm for additional outreach from office staff.
- If you are using an integrated E.H.R with reminders, you will also be able to view reminders responses in your calendar.